What to Bring
What should I bring to Summer Camp?
When packing for camp, please bring only the essentials, and mark all items with the camper's name. The camp cannot be responsible for lost or stolen items so please leave valuables at home.
For summer camp, your child's health form needs to be turned into camp 2 weeks prior to when your child attends camp. This form needs to be signed by a doctor so you should leave plenty of time to make that happen. The Health form should be faxed or sent into the camp your child will be attending, NOT the Administrative Office in Camarillo.
Plan to bring:
- Clothes suitable for warm days and cool nights
- Shoes (hiking or tennis shoes as well as sandals)
- Sleeping bag and pillow (if your sleeping bag is light you may want to bring an extra blanket)
- Personal items (soap, shampoo/conditioner, toothbrush, towels, etc.
- Swimsuit, beach towel and sunscreen
- Water bottle and flashlight
- Chapstick and bug repellent
- Bible, paper and pencil or pen
- Camp Store money (or you can put money into your child's online account for the camp store) See what is for sale in the Camp Store and costs. Camp Store items are subject to change and availability.
- Offering (bring cash or a check to "LRCC") to give during closing worship to the ELCA Malaria Campagin and the LRCC Campership Fund. The ECLA Malaria Campagin hopes to end Malaria by 2015. The Campership fund makes it possible for campers to experience a week at camp for those who might not be able to due to cost.
- Camera and film (optional)
- Postcards or stationery and stamps (optional)
NOTE: Please do not bring food, radios, iPods, CD/mp3 players electronic games, pocketknives, personal sports equipment, tobacco products, alcohol, animals (no pets allowed) or firearms. We want the camp to remain a safe and fun environment for everyone.